NTS Norma is a high-tech first tier supplier who designs, produces and assembles complete mechatronic systems. The core strength of NTS Norma is in the vast experience in the field of ultra-precision operations.
With unwavering dedication to innovation and no-nonsense entrepreneurship, the company enjoys a unique position worldwide when it comes to precision machining and ultra-precision modules. The company is one of the few companies in the world that can guarantee an accuracy of (less than) one-thousandth of a millimetre.
NTS Norma offers triple A products to triple A customers and is known as a company that persists where others would stop. We would like to inspire you as well into contacting us, so we can also make the impossible come true for you. Get inspired!
NTS Norma works with leading, high-tech OEMs to:
- accelerate their innovation and bring down their costs for mechanical and mechatronic modules
- complement their product-oriented engineering with manufacturing oriented to reduce product costs
- assemble- and test modules for them
- offer them a broad range of state-of-the-art manufacturing capabilities to create unique selling points for the OEM:
- Ultra precision machining of a broad range of materials (milling, turning, measuring, wire and sink erosion, polishing,
- Joining techniques as vacuum soldering and dip brazing
- Clean room assembly
NTS Norma has an account team for each customer to:
- work towards a partnership with a win-win for customer and supplier
- manage and review on a bi-monthly basis improvements in Quality, Logistics, Technology, and Costs.
- tailor its services to the customers needs
- manage new product introductions
- strive for continuous cost reduction
- handle queries about deliveries
NTS Norma has customers in North America, Europe, and South East Asia.
Quality and certificates
NTS Norma is recognized with the following certificates
NTS Norma is partnering up with The MESA+ Institute
The MESA+ Institute is a leading nanotechnology research institute. Focusing on key enabling technologies (KETs) - photonics, fluidics, hard materials, soft materials and devices, combined with responsible research & innovation - and the convergence of these to realize disruptive innovations in the areas of most societal challenges. Their main contributions are on the Health, ICT and Sustainability areas.
In 1954, the Austrian Georg Blaim founded the company Norma, ‘Nie Ohne Richtiges Messen Arbeiten’ in Hengelo. Blaim was headstrong, something that still characterises the company, which was taken over by Henk Oude Mulders in 1971. His son Stan Oude Mulders joins the company and takes over Norma in 2004 together with director René Vlaskamp. The change of management is particularly noticeable in the entrepreneurship and courage that are added to the way of doing business.
In 2006, Norma misses out on a major contract with a customer because it is deemed ‘too small’. This is one of the reasons management decides to grow further through acquisitions. This includes the take-over of both the machine shop of electronics group Thales in Hengelo and the machine shop of Philips in Drachten. In May 2014 Norma aquired Mecon Engineering. In the period from 2006 – 2014, Norma Groep has grown from 80 to more than 400 employees and currently comprises four branches.
Since 2016, Norma is part of NTS-Group and operates under the name NTS Norma